Trained as copywriter, illustrator, and type-designer, I've created branding and produced lots of national TV and print campaigns in the US and internationally. I have organizational and operational skills in addition to creative director role. I'm fascinated by all things digital, from hardware to social media.
KEYNOTE and POWERPOINT
Creative Director/Exec Art Director For JKAdvertising
2013 - present
Developed design programs for the launch of two different Taubman Properties (large shopping malls) in St Louis and Sarasota.
Consulting Creative Director For Red Circle Agency
Native American-owned marketing group, Minneapolis, MN
2003 - present
Led strategy development for branding and PR efforts for regional casinos and the tribes that own them. Acquired expertise in making TV campaigns that look expensive but cost 50-100K.
Executive Creative Director, Campbell-Mithun
1993 - 2003
Led strategic development and national media creative development for major clients including General Mills Cereals, Healthy Choice, Breathe Right, Dow Brands, Burger King, Hostess and many others.
• Created Effie winning work for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Grew the brand from 1.2 to 2.5 share in 6 years.
• Effie winning campaign for Breathe Right Strips
• Cannes Lion nominee, Golden Marbles Grand Prize and Addy Award wins for Hostess Snacks
• Personally concepted Willow Lake (DowBrands) hair-care line including naming through to national TV, print and promotions.
Creative Director, DDB Chicago
1986 - 1993
Wrote, art directed, and supervised teams to create TV and print ads for Kraft New Products, General Mills Cereals, Hasbro, Dial Soap and all Maybelline products including point-of-sale.
• Developed toys from concept through point-of-sale marketing for Hasbro.
• Conceived and led creative development on all Maybelline ‘Smart Beautiful’ campaign work/point-of-sale for eye, face, lip and nail which was recognized by Print Magazine, the New York Art Directors Club, and DDB Tom Wren Award for excellence in print. Idea, name, package and total ad concept for Illegal Lengths Mascara, still a leading mascara brand 21 years later.
They like me.
Dick Lynch, CMO
Global Creative Director
Chad Germann, CEO
Red Circle, Minneapolis
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
Fine Arts major/Art History minor. BFA Cum Laude.